Wednesday 5 August 2015

GSoC week 10; Some infrastructure code

This week I added a lot of comments and some documentation. Next I processed all compiler warnings and fix couple of bugs (in tests).

I created a new branch which contains all "clear" code (I remove Montgomery form and some extra files), so that we can review it and if everything is okay merge it..
timings from profiling code
I add profiling code with five primes of each size = 50, 60, ..., 300. I took a numbers from List of small primes. So anyone can now easily look at timings on his computer. I also run test for 2^2000+841 (603 digits) and 2^3515+159 (1059 digits) it took 60 and 700 seconds respectively.

In PARI/GP implementation for Jacobi sum computation them use q / 2 size table and I use two q size tables (to compute f(x) such that 1 - g^x = f(x), g - modulo q primitive root). Now I'm working on it. It will save a few megabytes of ram for large numbers and maybe give small speed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment